KANSAS French teacher job listings
French opening in Andover, KANSAS. Full time French Position, Andover Central High School, Andover, Kansas. French 1-4
Purpose: Creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff and the administration of USD385.
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/universityCurrent Kansas State Teaching License on file in the District Office.Desire to continue career improvement.Supervisor: Principal. Posted 4.14.21
French opening in Topeka, KANSAS. High school French position, will be either at Highland Park High School or potentially split between HPHS and Topeka West High School in Topeka, KS, for USD 501. Currently, we do not have a French teacher at T-West and HPHS has French 1-4 but it is a small program. The job will be full-time and requires licensure in the state of Kansas. Posted 4.8.21.
1. Licensed in the State of Kansas
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear outcomes for all lessons, units, projects, etc., to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and outcomes.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
9. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
10. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
11. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
12. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
13. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees when appropriate.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Ability to meet and instruct assigned classes in the designated locations
· Ability to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students
· Ability to assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports as required
· Ability to govern student conduct and maintain order in the classroom in a fair manner Posted 4.1.21.